Hot stone therapy is a specialty massage where the RMT uses smooth, heated stones, either as an extension of their own hands, or by placing them on the body while they massage other areas of the body. Hot stone therapy combines massage with the application of Hot and/or Cold Stones which are massaged over the body, as well as placed upon specific areas which create an ultimate relaxation response in the body. The stones used are a basalt stone which is black volcanic rock that absorbs and retains the heat extremely well. This therapy can be both deeply relaxing and help release tight muscles so the therapist can work more deeply and more effectively.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- improves lymphatic circulation
- decreases menstrual pain
- decreases tension headaches
- decreases sciatic pain
- promotes increased well-being and vitality
- Decreases local swelling, inflammation and redness
- Helps acute injuries
- decreases sinus congestion
- tones and stimulates soft tissue
Hot stone can be covered under insurance benefits as well!